Sunbrella Info & Warranty
- Why Sunbrella Fabric?
- Sunbrella Awning / Marine Fabric
- Sunbrella Furniture Fabric
- Sunbrella Warranty
- Sunbrella Firesist
You want the outside of your home to be just as beautiful as the inside. That's why an awning can be the perfect complement to your home. And with resilient Sunbrella fabric, you can be sure that your awning will last a long time. There are many different shapes and sizes of awnings. From traditional to patio canopies to domes and custom frames, whichever you prefer, rest assured that when you combine your frame choice with Sunbrella fabrics, you'll get the beautiful design you want.
And your awning will be practically maintenance free because our fabrics require very little cleaning and never fade. With Sunbrella fabric, you can relax knowing your awning will look beautiful for years. Custom commercial metal awnings and pre-engineered commercial canopies and architectural structure solutions can be requested by visiting Awning Works, Inc. For residential awning fabrication on any scale please visit Awning Works Inc. for details and contact info to request a quote for services.
Outside your home, whether on the deck or next to the pool, Sunbrella fabrics provide the ideal combination of fashion, durability and weather resistance. No other fabric has such a great track record of performing beautifully outdoors for years on end. After all, Sunbrella is the pioneer in performance fabrics and is known for standing up to the heavy-duty demands of marine and awning use. What could be more perfect than Sunbrella that's specifically designed for furniture?
In gorgeous designs and with a softer feel, Sunbrella gives you all the convenience, comfort and fashion you desire. Chairs, chaise lounges, market umbrellas and more can all be coordinated for exciting results. Sunbrella's vivid solids, stripes and patterns give you a world of choices that complement your home and garden. Always, you can be sure that our solution-dyed colors will remain vibrant for years. And if by chance your cushions get soiled or stained, cleaning is never a hassle.
Inside your living room or in the kitchen, Sunbrella fabrics make you question all the old rules. Like twirling pasta on the love seat. And if a meatball happens to roll off your plate and across the furniture, just wipe it off. Because Sunbrella fabrics are worry free. So go ahead and sip red wine on the cream-colored sofa or let the kids eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches in the family room. And when your pets jump on the couch after playing in the rain, just sit back and relax. All the qualities that make Sunbrella stand up to the elements outdoors make it impervious to life indoors.
Of course, Sunbrella is more than livable, durable and nearly indestructible. It's also beautiful. To make Sunbrella your first choice throughout the home, we've enlisted top fabric and furniture designers, such as Joe Ruggiero and Richard Frinier, to create patterns and textures that are nothing short of elegant. Such lines as the Joe Ruggiero Collection for Sunbrella will entice you to use our gorgeous selections everywhere you turn.
The right top on your boat makes all the difference to both utility and enjoyment. And Sunbrella fills the bill, no matter what your needs. Nothing beats Sunbrella for durability, weather-resistance or long-lasting beauty. There's just no better investment you can make, which is why Sunbrella is the number one marine fabric in the world.
And the right top is indeed an excellent investment, enabling you to get far more enjoyment from your boat. By adding a bimini and cockpit enclosure, you can start your boating season earlier in the spring and end it later in the fall or early winter. Plus, you always have the crucial sun protection you need. And, of course, a Sunbrella cover gives your boat unsurpassed protection when you're not on the water.
For your bimini, enclosure, cover or camper. You should be sure to ask an experienced marine fabricator to use nothing but Sunbrella for the best results you'll be satisfied with your custom bimini, camper top, boat cover, replacement fabric for existing awning or canvas tops can be custom made to ordered by visiting Awning Works Inc.
Every boater knows the drawbacks of mildew in close quarters. That's why Sunbrella should be your first choice for cushions and other appointments throughout your boat's cabin. Our 100% solution-dyed acrylic fabric not only looks great for years, but it won't rot or mildew like cotton. What's more, since Sunbrella is woven and breathable, it keeps its cool in all conditions.
With handsome designs, textures and weaves specifically created for marine decor, Sunbrella gives you all the options you want for every kind of boat. High-style cocktail cruisers and fishing boats alike will look terrific outfitted with one or more coordinated choices. Be sure to ask your marine fabricator for Sunbrella interior boat fabrics to get the superior quality your boat deserves.
Long-lasting Sunbrella will go down the road or to the campground with you. Literally, in fact the next RV you spy may be shaded by an awning with Sunbrella fabric. Perfect for extending your outdoor living space, Sunbrella fabrics not only add comfortable shade but also beautiful colors and styles that coordinate with your RV.
If you own an RV and want to update your awnings, Sunbrella fabrics offer the ideal solution. All of our fabrics are fade, stain, and UV resistant. So you could tour the world and not worry about the condition of your awning. Better yet, our fabrics are easy to clean.
Sunbrella Acrylic Fabric - The Number One Solution-Dyed Acrylic Fabric in America
There are myriad ways to include Sunbrella canvas in your plans: awnings, canopies, cabanas, privacy screens, decorative panels and room dividers are just some of its uses.
Awning/Marine Grade Sunbrella Categories
- 46 inch solids
- 60 inch solids
- 46 inch stripes
- 60 inch stripes
- 80 inch solids
- Sunbrella Plus (polyurethane coated for added water repellency)
- Sunbrella Supreme (waterproof with bottom side flocking for scratch resistance)
- Sunbrella Firesist
- Sunbrella Clarity
With over 100 beautifully woven canvas solids and stripes to choose from, Sunbrella lets you achieve whatever look you want, whether contemporary or traditional, dressy or casual.
Sunbrella Awning/Marine fabric is a Solution-Dyed Colored canvas. Thanks to solution dyeing, Sunbrella's colors won't wash out and they also resist fading. That's because the colors are added to the liquid acrylic mixture, thus becoming an inherent part of the fiber and ultimately the canvas. The vivid hues are identical on both sides of the fabric, and they stand up to sun, rain, wind and pollutants that can make other colors fade or run. Plus, Sunbrella is highly soil resistant.
Used as awnings, Sunbrella can block 75% of the sun's heat and reduce a room's temperature from 8 to 15 degrees. Laboratory-controlled and outdoor exposure tests have shown that the air underneath a Sunbrella awning is 22% cooler than the air under coated awnings. Sunbrella is not coated, but has pores that allow air and moisture to escape. Because of its outstanding breathability, condensation is never a problem. With the use of Sunbrella, air conditioning savings can reach 25%.
Sunbrella canvas is easy to care for simply by brushing off loose dirt and washing the canvas with mild, soapy water and a soft brush. Rinse thoroughly and air dry. For complete cleaning instructions, visit our cleaning & care page.
Sunbrella canvas carries an excellent ten-year limited warranty.
Sunbrella Fabric Specifications
- General Classification: Solution-dyed acrylic.
- Description: Woven fabric, made of 100% acrylic fibers. These are solution-dyed fibers with a fluorocarbon finish.
- Typical Weight: Approximately 9.25 oz. per square yard.
- Width: 46 inches. Selected solid colors are also available in 60-inch widths.
- Colors: Very resistant to ultraviolet rays and color degradation. Most colors tested up to 1500 hours in fadeometer with minimal or no color change. Over 100 solids and stripes available.
- Underside: Same as top surface - both sides alike.
- Surface: Plain weave. Excellent breathability.
- Transparency Level: Translucent, depending on color.
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Dimensional Stability: Good. Some shrinkage in hot weather, some stretch in cold or damp weather.
- Mildew Resistance: Excellent. Fabric will not support growth of mildew. Mildew growing on foreign matter attached to fabric is easily removed.
- Durability/Average Life Span: 5-10 years. (Depending on climate and proper care of fabric.)
- Flame Resistance (FR): Not flame-retardant.
- Chemical Resistance: Fabric highly resistant to acids, alkalies and solvents.
- Water Repellence: Excellent.
- Oil Resistance: Good.
- Sew ability: Excellent.
- Heat Sealing: Can be heat sealed using equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specification
Sunbrella upholstery fabric has the durability that Sunbrella is known for, only with a softer feel. From elegant weaves and subdued hues indoors to fabulous, festive colors and patterns outdoors, Sunbrella furniture fabric offers incredible resistance to stains, weather and wear no matter where it's used on a boat, patio furniture, screened-in-porches, bathrooms or sun rooms. It's the ideal solution for easy living.
Cushions, pillows, drapes and curtains.
- 54 Inch Solids
- 54 Inch Stripes
- 54 Inch Comfort Sling
- 54 Inch Specialty Weaves
- 54 Inch Jacquards
- Beacon Hill Festival Outdoor
- Duralee Pavilion Stripes & Solids
- Dwell Studio Indoor Outdoor
- High Point Collection
- High Point Luxe
- High Point Ultra
- Kravet Soleil Oceania Sunbrella
- Ralph Lauren Harbor Club
- Renaissance Heritage Eco-Friendly
- Richard Frinier Sunbrella
- Robert Allen
- Robert Allen Realistic Solids
- Robert Allen Sunbrella Contract
- Sunbrella Canvas
- Sunbrella Essentials
- Sunbrella Fusion
- Sunbrella Icon Collection
- Sunbrella Performance
- Sunbrella Terrycloth
- Watercolors Collection
- Yachting Collection
- Contents: 100% Solution Dyed Acrylic
- Weight: Approximately 8.0 ounces per sq. yard/271 grams per sq. yard
- Width: 54"/137.1 cm
- Flammability: All Sunbrella canvas solids, stripes, ribs, textures and linens meet California Technical bulletin #117 Sec. E (CS 191-53) Classification: 1 normal flammability
Sunbrella canvas features a soil stain resistant finish that makes clean up a breeze. For detailed cleaning instructions, please visit our cleaning & care page.
Sunbrella Casual Furniture Fabric features a 5 year limited warranty. This warranty is valid only if a sample of the fabric and a copy of the bill for the item purchased are submitted.
- This warranty protects the Original Purchaser of Sunbrella fabric.
- This warranty protects against Sunbrella fabric becoming unserviceable due to color or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals.
- This warranty covers Sunbrella fabric only.
- This warranty does not cover normal care and cleaning; damage from misuse or abuse; improper installation; or costs associated with replacement of the fabric, including labor and installation.
Glen Raven (the manufacturer of Sunbrella fabric) liability is expressly limited to this warranty. Glen Raven reserves the right to inspect the fabric submitted for claim. Glen Raven will supply new equivalent fabric to replace the fabric that becomes unserviceable. For warranty claims, contact Glen Raven at: Glen Raven Custom Fabrics, LLC, 1831 North Park Avenue, Glen Raven, NC 27217 USA t. 336.221.2211 / f. 336.586.1169. Consumers who purchased an awning, cushion, boat top, roller shade or manufactured custom product should contact the fabricator or retailer from whom you purchased the end product.
Warranty Coverage Period Performance improvements introduced November 1, 2008 allowed Glen Raven to increase the warranty period for Sunbrella fabrics.
Warranty Coverage Period for Sunbrella Awning and Marine Canvas installations prior to November 1, 2008, is (5) five years from the original purchase date. For installations on or after November 1, 2008, the warranty coverage period is (10) ten years from the original purchase date. Glen Raven will provide replacement fabric at no cost during years one through eight; at the then-current selling price less a 30% discount during the ninth year; and less a 15% discount during the tenth year.
Warranty Coverage for Sunbrella Upholstery and all other Sunbrella fabrics, window treatment fabrics, and specialty fabrics such as Sunbrella Plus, Supreme, Clarity, View, Unity, Renaissance, Rib, Rain, Shadow and Sling installations prior to November 1, 2008, is (3) three years from the original purchase date. For installations on or after November 1, 2008, the warranty coverage period is (5) five years from the original purchase date. The Sunbrella Graphics System is covered under a separate warranty, contact Glen Raven.
Sunbrella Firesist™ Fabric Satisfies the Toughest Fire and Building Codes
Firesist yarn uses state-of-the-art technology to produce fiber that is engineered for awning applications and formulated to be inherently fire retardant. Since fire protection is an inherent attribute of the fabric, it will not leach or wash out during the life of the fabric.
Retains Color & Strength
Like the original Sunbrella Firesist, Firesist will maintain the same rich color and low luster natural woven look that your customers demand. Enhanced dimensional stability and strength keeps Firesist taut on the awning frame through the full range of climatic conditions ensuring that your awning project "fits right" regardless of temperature and humidity.
Firesist canvas can be used indoors or outdoors for awnings, canopies, privacy screens, decorative panels, room dividers and more. With the look and feel of regular Sunbrella, it's always aesthetically pleasing.
Because Firesist is woven, it contains thousands of tiny pores which let the fabric breathe. That means unlike coated fabrics or vinyl, the air underneath or behind Firesist remains cooler. The result is much better energy efficiency. In addition, breathability eliminates moisture condensation.
Sunbrella Firesist Specifications
- Generic Classification: Woven fire retardant polymer backed with urethane/acrylic.
- Description: Fabric woven from an inherently fire retardant polymer, backed with a durable urethane/acrylic coating.
- Typical Weight:: Approximately 8.75 oz. per square yard.
- Width: 60 inches / 152.4
- Colors: Very resistant to Ultraviolet rays & color degradation (see warranty). Most colors tested up to 1,500 hours
- Fade resistant to most chemicals.
- Underside: Urethane/acrylic
- Surface: Basket weave - soil/stain release finish.
- Transparency Level: Light shades translucent for good illuminated use.
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- Flexibility: Excellent in both hot and very cold conditions. Will not crack.
- Dimensional Stability: Good. Remains fully flexible in frigid temperatures.
- Mildew Resistance: Excellent. (with proper maintenance and cleaning)
- Durability/Average Life Span: 5 years
- Flame Resistance (FR): Firesist is inherently flame retardant, passing the following flame retardant requirements:
- Meets California State Fire Marshall Title 19
- NFPA 701-99, test method II
- CPAI-84; Tent walls and roof
- FMVSS 302
- FAA 25.853 (Aviation)
- UFAC Upholstered Furniture, Class 1
- Outside North America: Consult Glen Raven for Specifications.
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent
- Water Repellence: Excellent
- Oil Resistance: Very good
- Sewability: Excellent
- Heat Sealing: Can be heat sealed using sealing tape and heat source such as wedge, hot air, radio frequency bar type welder, etc.