Samples & CFA's
[and for a limited time, FREE samples too!]
We offer Sunbrella samples as a service for our valued customers to be sure that when you order, you will know exactly what fabric you will be receiving.
We process sample swatch orders as a courtesy. There is a limit of 1 sample per fabric pattern, per customer and a limit of 10 free samples per order with a total of 20 free samples annually.
Sample swatch availability changes frequently and samples often become out of stock once a fabric has been slated to be eventually discontinued by the manufacturer. Most Sunbrella samples are stocked in house and are provided either free or for a nominal charge. Decor fabric samples are placed on your behalf, direct with the fabric mill. In the event that a paid for sample cannot be fulfilled, we will refund you the amount that you paid in the form of loyalty reward points to be used on future orders. If a fabric sample is out of stock or discontinued, we are happy to research and provide you with suitable alternative choices.
Sunbrella samples can be ordered by using the Order Sample button on the product pages.
- Free Sunbrella promotion is limited to 10 per customer.
- Samples ship USPS Priority Mail; rates vary.
- Solid fabric sample cuts are approximately 2" x 2".
- Striped or patterns sample cuts: we will attempt to include the entire repeat/pattern (sometimes the entire repeat is not available).
- Typically, samples arrive in 7-10 business days. Please be patient, it is well worth the wait.
- If a sample cut is not available, you will receive store credit; refunds are not given for samples.
- Sunbrella fabric is a commodity and is subject to limited availability. Some samples may not be available or may be back-ordered. You will be notified by email with an estimated delivery time for back-ordered sample cuts or availability.
Décor Fabric Samples
While we make every effort to accurately represent the product design color and pattern size, please be aware that the characteristics you see may actually be different due to variations in computer monitors. We highly recommend that you order a sample cut to make sure the designer fabric is the right choice for your project. Fabric sample cuts are approximately 2" x 2". If you require larger sizes please contact us prior to placing your order
Please keep in mind that if the fabric you select has a large repeat, it is advised to purchase one full yard as a sample so that the entire repeat is shown.
- Sample sizes vary depending on the fabric pattern. For example, solid patterns are approximately a 4" by 4" piece and pattern fabrics may be slightly larger to encompass the complete design and to provide an example of the fabric repeat.
- Some samples may be unavailable due to stock availability.
- Décor fabric samples will arrive direct from the manufacturer and may come in multiple shipments
Cutting For Approvals (CFA)
Dye Lot Variation: Dye lot can vary from time to time, so if your project requires a close color match, a cutting for approval is recommended. While variances may still occur within industry standards, this due diligence will afford you the best possible match.
- A CFA (cutting for approval) is a small piece of fabric from the actual dye lot that you will be receiving. This piece serves as a confirmation of pattern and color.
- CFA reserves are guaranteed for 7 days.
- Once you have approved the CFA, your fabric will be shipped.
- We require the following information for CFA requests: Fabric number and amount of yardage needed.
- CFA's can be ordered by calling 1.866.516.0934 Monday - Friday 9:00am-3:00pm EST
- CFA's are not available on Sunbrella fabrics.
If a sample cut is not available, you will receive store credit, refunds are not given for samples.
All fabric sample orders are non-returnable.